posted on October 22, 2013 23:54
June 21st – 27th 2014 Carroll University, Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA
“World Health – Issues and Responsibilities”
The 2014 World Affairs Seminar will look at World Health from many points of view.
World Health is a complex and challenging theme with Issues ranging from sanitation to personal responsibility and from medical resources to customs and laws.
Exploring how traditional roles and new opportunities come together as international societies adjust to future needs.
Learning how social systems are affected and what part personal behaviour plays in relationship to World Health.
Working with fellow delegates to define issues and problem areas, students will discover what they can do to make the world a better place.
A week long seminar where Sixth Form students will: -
- Explore cutting edge World Health topics that cause imbalance around the World
- Learn which institutions are engaged in solving all the issues and responsibilities
- Listen to experts with differing opinions and views - and discuss their importance
- Build leadership skills - as they debate issues and defend your point of view
- Collaborate with their peers to explore issues and solve problems
- Gain skills in media relations and public speaking - so they can share information
- Share this knowledge on their return to Rotary Clubs, Schools, etc.
- Become one of the leaders who will help improve World Health in the world of tomorrow
Colwall Rotary Club is looking for Sixth Form students from the wider Malvern area to nominate to our District. The Rotary District in turn aims to sponsor two students to the 2014 World Affairs Seminar.
The District will pay all transport costs to Chicago and onward to Carroll University but the student will be expected to pay tuition fees of $550 app. (£350). Clubs may assist with this.
Contact Jim Richardson (see below) asap to arrange an initial briefing. ·
Initial applications with a full C.V. and a brief resume on why the seminar appeals to you should be sent to:
Jim Richardson, 1 Noble View, West Malvern, WR14 4NB. Tel: 01684 569862.
Email: [email protected]
Application closing date – November 29th 2014
Selection/Interviews will then take place in December/January
Seminar Date - June 21st – 27th 2014 at Carroll University, Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA
The 2013 District 1100 Rotary World Affairs Seminar Students and their Sponsors were;
William Blackaby (Colwall RC) Rebekah Coates (Clifton RC)
Cora Edwards (Clifton RC) Bethan Walters (Tewkesbury RC)
Will Blackaby described it as “the best experience of my life.”